Scantix provides a method to scan tickets at an event using Android and Apple smart phones, as well as Zebra dedicated scanner TC20.
Scantix supports the following devices:
- Apple iPhone and iPod Touch with a working camera, running iOS 10.0 and newer
- Android phones with a working camera, running Android 5.0 Lollipop and newer
- Zebra Technologies TC210
- All devices require a stable internet connection, either via WiFi or cellular
Benefits of Scantix:
- Contactless ticketing.
- Each ticket is printed with a unique bar code, ensuring the ticket is not fraudulent.
- When scanned at the door, the tickets are checked for the following:
- Is this the correct performance?
- Has the ticket been previously scanned in?
- Tickets can be scanned out if the patron wishes to leave.
- “Ticket info” function in Scantix displays the customer’s name, date and time they purchased the ticket, and which seats they bought.
- If the bar code is unable to be scanned by the camera or hardware scanner, the app provides the ability to use the on-screen keyboard to enter the bar code manually, as long the bar code’s text is displayed on the ticket.
- Supports QR codes – the most common 2D bar code used in this industry